About Thai Foot Massage
Thai foot massage uses a combination of hands & Thai foot sticks to stimulate reflex points and includes a therapeutic massage to the lower legs and feet. It’s great for tired feet, improving circulation and lymph movement in the feet and lower legs, and improving flexibility. If you have tried reflexology, you will also enjoy this lovely therapy, but will be surprised at how different the techniques feel!
This traditional technique dates back over 2000 years and is still practiced by Buddhist monks today. Elements of the massage include working on ‘Sen’ lines from the Ayurvedic tradition; these are the equivalent of the Chinese Meridian or energy lines. The techniques are thought to stimulate and open these energy channels and can be effective in relieving various dysfunctions & disorders; but it is also a wonderful therapy to promote overall health, increase energy & to provide a general sense of well-being.
Benefits from a Thai Foot massage may include –
• Improvement of circulation in legs and feet
• Stimulation of the lymphatic system
• Removal of toxins
• Boosting the immune system
• Increasing oxygen to the feet and legs
• Reduction of stiffness and increased flexibility
• Improved energy levels
• Release of stress & tension
• Supporting the body’s own natural healing abilities
• Better sleep
• Assisting the recovery from illness or injury